Saturday 24 August 2013

Thanks

I just felt that I had to say thanks to everyone. I know that not a lot of people read my blog, pay attention to my google feed or actually bother to see my figment profile and group. When people do though, they're very nice people and sometimes I take that for granted. Not today. I recently looked at the group I created for my book Music or Words on figment.com and found that one of the poets had started a new conversation. This is what it said:

Just wanted to say thanks for creating this idea and the haiku book for us, Coral. 
I don't know you personally but you seem like a lovely individual and quite productive. 
Well, I really appreciated reading that. I wouldn't have even thought of doing this if it hadn't been for all the great poetry I was reading for a contest about loneliness. Almost none of the people working on this project have actually met me but most of them have said that they are proud to be working with me and they're happy we're all getting this chance to be published together. When people join us on this project, I do ask that when we go to publish it, they try and give 5$. If everyone involved put in 5$, we could be published for very little cost to each person. 
I wouldn't usually mention something like this but I looked at the discussion prepared to just say thanks and move on but I realized that the reason this project instead of my other so-called outrageous projects is going to happen is because people believe. It sounds cheesy but it's the truth. I always try to do somewhat strange projects just to prove that I can but I can't. The reason I can't is that someone will lose hope and I won't have the help I so greatly need. Or everyone will say "you'll never be able to do that." and they end up being right.
Not this time. This time, anyone who says we can't do this because the project is led by a teenager or because it's too far-fetched or any other reason, I can say that it will happen. I can say this with such certainty because for once, a lot of people really believe in me. The musicians and the editors and my friends and the poets and the writers. They all think it's a great idea and they're almost as excited as I am. This will happen because we believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment